Wearing a uniform and wearing it correctly promotes an appreciation of equity and provides a common social base from which students can start their learning. It promotes a sense of
belonging to the school and to one another and is a practical means for identifying the school within the wider community.
- School footwear is black, leather-look shoes, with knee-length navy socks.
- Boys’ socks fold-over at the top, whereas girls’ socks do not. The correct socks are available from SAS Sports.
- Students have the option of wearing black or navy sandals in the summer terms, rather than shoes and socks.
- High-heeled or decorated shoes, jandals or scuffs (with no back) are not appropriate for school.
Hair, Jewelry and Make Up
- Hairstyles are expected to be tidy, with hair kept its natural colour.
- Long hair must be tied back with navy, royal blue, black, or white hair ties for hygiene reasons and to prevent the spread of head lice.
- Nail polish and make up are not to be worn to school.
- Jewelry is not to be worn at school unless it is for a specific purpose (eg. purity ring, family taonga) and permission is sought in advance from the principal.
- Because KingsGate is a Sun Smart School, school sunhats (available from Jan’s Uniform Shop) are compulsory for all students in the summer terms.
Sports Uniform T-Shirt
- The sports uniform T-shirt, worn for physical education and school sports, is also available from The Uniform Shoppe. Black sports shorts of any type are to be worn with the T-shirt and can
be purchased from a clothing store of your own choice.The Uniform Shoppe (aka SAS Sports), in Pukekohe.
Uniform is stocked by
The Uniform Shoppe
7A Glasgow Road
Phone: 09 239 1310