Student Health and Well-being

Please click on this link to see a full list of illnesses which could effect your child and how to manage them including the time they are required to be absent from school 


What do I do if my child is not feeling well enough to come to school? 

It is important that you ring the school and either speak to our office manager or leave a message on the answer phone to let us know that your child will not be attending.  


What do I do if my child has  nits?

KingsGate can not legally turn your child away from school in this instance, but you need to let the school know your child has them and immediately treat the eggs and lice.  Parents need to use common sense here and decide how it is best  to stop the spread of head lice at school, including considering keeping your child at home until the are symptom free. 


What do I do if  I suspect my child has conjunctivitis or pink eye?

If your child's doctor or a pharmacist has confirmed your child has conjunctivitis then you must let the school know. Your child will not be able to return to school until any discharge from their eye/s  has ceased.  


How long should my child remain away from school if  they have been vomiting?

If your child has had a norovirus  and has had symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea and vomiting please let the school know immediately. Your child should not return to school until they are well and 48 hours of their last episode of  vomiting and/or diarrhea.